Level 1 is an introductory
course in Lego Mindstorms EV3. Kids will be learning basic programming to control their robot.
- – Essential construction techniques
- – Build a robot
- – GUI of Lego Mindstorms EV3
- – Different blocks to control movement of robot
1. Abstraction: how to relate current learning to real life applications and situations
2. Ability to recognise patterns
3. Decomposition: to break down programming problems into manageable parts
Level 2 is about programming different sensors and understanding the applications of it in our real world.
- – Using different sensors for different application
- – Learning how to measure sensor values through experimental methods
- – Incorporate conditional logic coding concepts with usage of sensors
1. Abstraction: appreciate and understand how the things around us “sense”
2. Designing the algorithm in an efficient manner
Level 3 will use a line follower program to complete a construction mission with the different blocks program taught.
- – 3rd motor for construction mission
– Integration of robot components and attachments
- – Introduction to switch block
- – Using what they have learn in level 1 and 2, they will program to complete a mission in Level 3.
- – Focus on how to troubleshoot effectively through timed missions
1. Design Thinking: ideate and brainstorm the possible solutions for the problems on hand
2. Computational Thinking: combining logic, abstraction, decomposition and algorithm design
The pre-requisite to sign up for Robo-Prentice series is complete the Scratch Bootcamp 1.
Here’s an animation to illustrate how our robot senses its surrounding via its “eyes”. In our Robo-Prentice series, we will learn about the 3 senses of the robot – sight, sound, touch. With these skills, you can even programme your robot to welcome you home!